Returning PC's - under warranty

dexstar 19:50 21 Jul 05

Hi,

I had to send my MESH PC back once and it cost £50 for the service of p&p.
I'm going to have to do it again as the PSU is starting to play up.
Can anyone give me advice on the best, easiest, cheapest way to courier the PC, and if the £50 charged by MESH is a too steep.
Many thanks,
Tim

johnnyrocker 20:00 21 Jul 05

where do you live and how long ago did you send it back?

johnny.

dexstar 20:06 21 Jul 05

I live in london, and this was last summer.

johnnyrocker 20:13 21 Jul 05

if it is/was under warranty it is the responsibility of mesh to (a) send engineer or (b) pay the carriage

johnny.

Completealias 20:16 21 Jul 05

First I'd check with the company do you have to send it with their couriers? If not then get some quotes to find out how much its would cost.

The towers going to have a fair bit of weight so its not going to be the cheapest to post, ways to cut down on the cost thou are to not go for next day delievery eg if you say I don't mind if it takes a week then you'll get your shipping costs lower.

Whatever make sure that it is covered by the company that you use so if anything should happen eg damage or loss you can claim it back, and that the delievery is recorded so that noone can say your tower did not arrive at the service centre

Completealias 20:17 21 Jul 05

Who pays the costs depends on your contract with the company I think.

dexstar 21:21 21 Jul 05

Yep its parts and labour only warranty.
Thanks for the replies so far.
Has anyone had any experience with this type of warranty and the costs involved?
Thanks in advance.

Meshuga 22:03 21 Jul 05

Who pays the cost of carriage depends entirely on the small print on your agreement when you buy. I had to send my pc back under warranty and had to pay £30 each way.

woodchip 22:06 21 Jul 05

Be a lot cheaper to fit your own PSU. You could get a good one for that sort of money. About ten minutes to fit four screws at the back

dexstar 23:09 21 Jul 05

I agree about fitting my own in, it just kind of pees me off about the warranty.
ALWAYS READ THE SMALL PRINT!
I waited 3 weeks for it to come back, and Mesh were going "yeah its fixed it'll be dispatched" In the end I lost my rag with an engineer in the faults dept who told me i had to pay for the carriage. I couldn't believe it, and the fact that no-one in two weeks could tell me this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…