returning a PC - cleaning the hard drive ?

andy@ 17:50 30 Oct 06

I may need to return my new notebook for refund.

How do I make sure everything I've loaded on, to test it, is efficiently removed e.g. photos, email etc etc?

Andy

skidzy 17:55 30 Oct 06

Eraser will do the job.click here

alB 17:56 30 Oct 06

Have used this on a couple of occasions after removing programmes via the normal method (add/remove progs etc.) ...alB

click here

alB 17:57 30 Oct 06

just beat me to it !! ...alB

skidzy 17:58 30 Oct 06

and some more if needed click here

skidzy 17:59 30 Oct 06

Hi alb,makes a change for me to be first Lol :-))

andy@ 00:17 31 Oct 06

Thanks - that looks good.

andy@ 22:28 18 Nov 06

Does anyone know how you erase (by write over) files in an already emptied recycle bin - or is there no need? Eraser will do the biz on files sitting in the bin - but if you've emptied the bin - it can't.

Andy

woodchip 23:16 18 Nov 06

You should just remove you private stuff, then use a Clean Free Space Program Look through this click here=

johnnyrocker 23:41 18 Nov 06

maybe buy a hard drive and replace original thereby saving all your data and giving you extra storage space using it in a caddy?

johnny.

Jak_1 07:22 19 Nov 06

johnnyrocker
maybe buy a hard drive and replace original thereby saving all your data and giving you extra storage space using it in a caddy?

Surely that would invalidate any refund as the notebook would have been tampered with and not returned with it's original components!

Far better to just use an eraser program as already sugested, then use the windows cd or recovery cd to return it to the state it was in when bought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…