Returning a monitor

clayton 20:57 25 Aug 04

I purchased a tft monitor last week could i return it just because i dont like the picture, compaired to my crt monitor its very grainy playing dvds & the text isnt as clear.

bremner 21:00 25 Aug 04

Have you actually set it up correctly. For example

TFT's work best at their maximum resolution. Have you tried using the 'Clear Type' fonts settings in Display.

Djohn 21:06 25 Aug 04

Have you set it up correct. 12" TFT should be 1280x1024 at 60Htz or sometimes 75Htz. This should give a razor sharp display with text you can cut your fingers on.

Go to here and folow simple instructions to set clear type to one of six different settings. click here=

Djohn 21:07 25 Aug 04

Sorry :o(

clayton 21:29 25 Aug 04

Thanks for all your replys,I tried clear type & it looks better with it turned off, the monitor is set @ 75htz & 1024x768, the main thing im worried about is the quality of the dvds.

Mikè 22:08 25 Aug 04

Is your dvd software altering the resolution during playback?

Djohn 22:54 25 Aug 04

If your TFT is a 17" display then you will never get the best at 1024x768. It will look grainy in DVD's it will have blurred text.

True 1280x1024 resolution and though everything will be smaller it will be pin sharp in text/movies/games. j.

spuds 00:45 26 Aug 04

Depends on how the monitor was purchased. If it was obtained on-line,then you might have a comeback under the The Consumer Protection [Distance Selling] Regulations 2000.If the monitor is faulty, then The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 may apply.

Some companies like Staples, Office World, Viking Direct offer a no quibbles return procedure [providing the goods are returned in the same boxed condition that you received it]. Other companies may or may not offer alternatives,best to check with them.

Stuartli 10:36 26 Aug 04

I thought that TFTs had a native resolution setting and that straying from it usually spoils the display?

Stuartli 10:40 26 Aug 04

Apologies - just seen your use of the word "True"...:-)

But it confirms my thought...:-)

clayton 10:55 26 Aug 04

Changing the resolution to 1280x1024 makes everything way too small & didnt improve the dvd quality, thanks for your replys everyone im off to see if i can find any 19" crt monitors on display.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…