returned email

gagada 11:38 12 Jun 06

Can you help PLEASE.I am suddenly receiving hundreds a day of returned emails that have nothing to do with me whatsoever
They are from Mail delivery system or postmaster
and are undeliverable mail or mail system error.
They all have my email address after the @ but numerous names before the@ none of which are mine.
What can I do to stop this its driving me nuts.

spuds 12:16 12 Jun 06

If you run your email system through your ISP or via other channels, then contact the 'forwarding agent' about the problem.

Taff™ 12:39 12 Jun 06

Your e-mail address has probably been used for spamming. Nothing you can do other than spuds suggestion.

xania 12:56 12 Jun 06

Once they get hold of your addrss, it can only get worse. I suggest you cange you email address and simply close down you old address (or leave it to the ISP to do so. Unfortunately the ISPs generally take limtewd if any interest in these matters, so I just dump it back on them. My old account is now sitting unused and at the last count there were some 30000 emails waiting for me to delete. Fat chance!!

Garb 08:57 14 Jun 06

I suddenly started receiving up to 4000 returned e-mails per day. Had a smalller problem before but nothing on this scale. Whilst trying to remove another virus, I was advised to use PC Tools spyware doctor and it came up with a Trojan called Fivesec.A which when your PC is infected it sends out loads of spam e-mails. Spyware doctor got rid of it and I'm back to about 10 returned e-mails a day which I can live with.

Try this link:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…