Return of RAM Disk!!!

I installed RAM Disk a few weeks ago and have noticed a speed increase whilst surfing using my dialup connection.

However, and its a big however!! My retore points have all been deleted and when i create one, the next time i log on it has gone and im told there are no restore points.

Not currently a problem but don't like to tempt fate like this!!

Any suggestions greatly received, would love to keep RAM Disk and have restore points!!

Chris the Ancient 20:40 10 Mar 04

Flippin' 'eck. I hadn't noticed that!

Please, someone hav an answer or it'll be off to the bin for RamDisk.

Steve- 20:43 10 Mar 04

Just checked and all restore points gone!

Chris the Ancient 20:54 10 Mar 04

RamDisk is... gone.

I am not willing to trade off the restore points for a slight gain in surfing speed!

VoG II 20:54 10 Mar 04

click here

Turn off System Restore, reboot, turn it on again. worked for me.

hssutton 21:53 10 Mar 04

Same as Vog, worked for me.

TommyRed 22:05 10 Mar 04

Never worked for me, I just uninstalled it and eventually got my system checkpoints back. I've now got broadband so don't need RAMdisk but when I had it I saw no noticeable difference. TR

Chegs ® 23:41 10 Mar 04

I also found I had to remove it to successfully download 50+Mbs files,but was told to get a d/l manager instead.I did niether,instead I remove it if I will be d/l large files(which I rarely seem to do lately)and recreate once the d/l is done.

Audeal 23:55 10 Mar 04

I tried Turning off System Restore, then rebooted, installed Ram Disk, then rebooted, then turned on System Restore, set a restore point then waited till the morning and checked the restore point and "YES", it had gone. Now Ram Disk has gone. Just like Chris the Ancient says, "I am not willing to trade off the restore points for a slight gain in surfing speed". Now my points are fine.

woodchip 00:02 11 Mar 04

If you have a Ram Drive it will remove it's self as it's gone when you have done with it. it's none volatile Ram but if you have Virus while you are on the net, that's also gone

Well, i have ordered broadband so i think the old RAM Disk is out of here!! Tried swithing off rstore, re booting then creating a save point but that did not work for me.

Whats the best way to remove RAM Disk please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…