Return to C:\ promt

warton 14:00 07 Jan 05

I wish to format my C drive (not on this computor) and cannot get the computor to start up in dos. The computor has windows Me installed but it is corrupted. Going to dos through Windows Me doed not allow me to format the C drive so I meed to start in dos so that I can clear everything then install good old 98SE. Help please

ACOLYTE 14:04 07 Jan 05

Your best bet is to boot with a bootable floppy disc then type format c:, im not sure the : are before or after the c i havent formated a drive isn dos mode for ages.

VoG II 14:11 07 Jan 05

Yep, download a boot disk click here

Boot with it. At the > prompt type

format C:

drcmunro 14:32 07 Jan 05

There's an option in control panel -> system that lets you create a windows startup floppy. When you boot from this you're taken to a command prompt and should be able to format c:.

skaria 14:42 07 Jan 05

i had a similar problem with xp. i found a way of getting on to dos, but this was not useful as it said the operating system was in us. I think it would be a good idea to boot from your me installation cd, reformat and r4eintsall. hope that helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…