RETTEN.EXE???

spread72 08:49 31 Jul 05

Having had problems with the sound card, a support line told me to re install the drivers by formatting and laoding from the Application & Support CD, however I'm being stopped by a message early on by a message "missing file RETTEN.EXE" it tells me to start the process manually and gives me a promt. I've got no idea what to type. I've done a search through my PC but found nothing refering to "RETTEN.EXE".
Any ideas?

Andsome 09:05 31 Jul 05

Several answers here.click here=

SEASHANTY 10:36 31 Jul 05

All three of my Aldi purchased Medion PC's have the retten files located on the E partition of the hard drive. This partition is labelled "Recovery". This partition if formatted with FAT32 whereas C and D partitions are formatted NTFS. The E partition retten files are for use with the system recovery disc and should NOT be deleted.

SEASHANTY 10:42 31 Jul 05

If your PC is a Medion. Click the START button and at the bottom RH table click on the Medion logo with info "Informations about your PC". Under factory restore it gives info on the retten files.

spread72 22:40 01 Aug 05

thanks folks, but it turns out Ive got a few harware probs, motherboard in fact, so I'll tick the box wait for warrenty man to call.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…