RETROSPECTIVELY CHANGE DATE IN WORD DOC.

Mrs Bear 19:04 09 Nov 09

Good Evening All

I would like to retrospectively change the date to the date of creation on Word documents. I have set the files up using a macro to insert the today's date on the documents and set the template up asking the date to automatically update. I seem to recall in the past having been able to change it myself but can't remember how.

If you can help would be very grateful.

regards

morddwyd 19:55 09 Nov 09

There used to be a programme called "TouchPro" which gave this facility, but I've not seen it available for some time.

northumbria61 22:15 09 Nov 09

You can create a second document in a different name and with a specific creation date but has the same content as the first document.

1) Go to Date and Time Property to change the system date to the desired date (in this case, let's change the date to January 1, 1985)

2) Create a blank Word document with the desired name

3) Save the blank document and exit Word

4) Change the Date and Time back to the real date and time

5) Open the first document and copy all its content

6) Paste the content into the newly created second Word Document

7) Save and exit

Now you should have a new document that's with a creation date of 1-1-1985 but with the content of the first document.

northumbria61 22:26 09 Nov 09

click here

Take a look at this LINK Mrs Bear - it could be just what you need? Good luck.

Mrs Bear 07:41 10 Nov 09

I will be trying everything today - great help.

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…