retrive a floppy

ive got a floopy ive been using when i try and run it on xp it frezze is up then get message saying floopy not formated
so i tryed it on other pc running me
open some files but not all this there anyway to get them back

Technotiger 20:09 02 Feb 05

Hi, this might help - notice on right of page in blue print - Data Recovery Floppy Disk - or similar, can't remember exact wording.

click here

Cheers

Dorsai 20:15 02 Feb 05

Floppies seem to have a rather short life. When they were invented they were the 'best thing since sliced bread'. But by modern standards they are 'short lived'.

Hopefully someone will post a link to some form of free download that can try and read off the data. But I suspect it is gone for good.

VoG II 20:17 02 Feb 05

Try Drive Rescue click here

I have successfully used this to retrieve files of a formatted floppy disk.

feb 08:55 03 Feb 05

Hi english113

This seems to work for some people,

use another OS ie. win 98/ME to open the disk and save the files on the PC. Format another disk with xp then save the files to the new XP formatted disk. Apparently xp can have a problem reading some older disks which haven't been formatted using xp.

feb

thast what i done but guess what the file i manged to get back was the ones i wasnt worried about tipical

emmandelo1 22:22 05 Feb 05

Have used this in the past with complete success click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:02 05 Feb 05

Floppy recovery click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…