Retrieving a User Account

L plate marky 10:57 01 Mar 04

I recently deleted a user account on windows xp, and I've realised that there where files lost in doing this (I thought they were shared, but it seems not). Is there any way of restoring the account to retrieve the files? (I hoped that they would be in the recycle bin but alas no). Would system restore do it?

johnnyrocker 11:00 01 Mar 04

i think you will find it should do what you want.

johnny.

Taff36 11:28 01 Mar 04

Have you tried looking in:

C:\Documents and Settings\{DELETED USER NAME} to see if the files are there? I`m thinking that they could be copied to a current user profile or you recreate a new user profile with the same name and it might adopt the same documents and settings.

L plate marky 12:06 01 Mar 04

There is no file in C:/Documents... as the computer has deleted all files pertaining to that name.

Taff36 12:45 01 Mar 04

Then I`m afraid they`re gone for good. I cannot see system restore finding them if they are not under the profile but just in case why don`t you search the c drive for the files just to check. By the way you didn`t tell us which files you were looking for?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…