Retrieving my contacts

sattman 20:35 17 Nov 04

Done a real silly thing clicked on entry work groups and deleted 91 of my contacts from M S Outlook, Tried restore and this doesnt retrieve them. Does any one know if contacts are retained anywhere else in the system?

Cook2 21:53 17 Nov 04

Is in

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

xxxxxxx will probably be your name

GrahamP 21:56 17 Nov 04

If you didn't back them up then your options are limited.

You could do a search for *.pst. If you find more than one it may mean that someone took a copy at some point and you could point the restore at the older one. Be careful you only import contacts. There are many instructions sites available. eg click here

The long way is to chain telephone your contacts and ask them to email you. You could even ask them to export their address books/contacts and email them to you.

Look on the bright side. You'll never be caught without a backup again. Anything else you would be unhappy if you lost?

sattman 12:56 18 Nov 04

Thanks Cook and Graham, Well I thought I did have a back up with Drive Image but when I needed it it wont restore.

GrahamP 13:03 18 Nov 04

What's the Drive Image message/problem?

My preferred way for backing up Outlook and Outlook Express is to copy the files directly to CD.

*.pst for Outlook

*.dbx for OE

You can either simply copy the files back in if you want to overwrite current contents or import to merge them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…