Retrieving lost video files

SpiralStaircase 15:07 PM 27 Aug 11

Hi there,

I really hope someone can help me with this.

2 days ago I downloaded some video footage to my Dell Inspiron 6400 from a hand-held video camera. In Windows Live Photo Gallery, before the files were downloaded, I gave each set of clips a title based on the date they were taken and the clips could be found in "my pictures" in separate folders named after the date.

Today I did the same procedure using a different camera. Again, before downloading I named each batch according to the date they were taken.

When I then looked for these photos in "my pictures" I could only find folders for the ones I had downloaded today and not the ones from 2 days ago.

I was wondering if because I named today's pictures the same as the one's from 2 days ago (i.e. 25th August 2011), the new folder created for these has over-written the previous folder of the same name? (At no point did I get a message telling me that a folder already exists of that name, which I sometimes get when saving files on my laptop.)

Is that possible and if so is there any way I can retrieve the old video files?

The video clips were/are of my daughter's first birthday so I'm desperate to get them back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

john bunyan 15:24 PM 27 Aug 11

Why did you name the new files the same? This may be worth a read:

http://www.recoverrecyclebin.com/recoveroverwrittenfiles.php

john bunyan 15:25 PM 27 Aug 11

Sorry try this:

http://www.recoverrecyclebin.com/recoveroverwrittenfiles.php

john bunyan 15:27 PM 27 Aug 11

If link doesnt work Google "recovering overwritten files" and you will see link.

eedcam 15:35 PM 27 Aug 11

presume you have tried a Search that will show whether they are still about or not

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites