retrieving information from second hard drive

nickyjane 14:10 25 Jun 06

Hi Guys. My five year old pc blow a fuse and starting misbehaving, anyway I bought a new base unit, knowing that I had backed up all of my important files.All seemed fine until I reloaded my address book and outlook express, my back up disk was empty.My old outlook express and address book had a lot of information and emails regarding this years holiday. My Friend has installed my old hard drive on my new machine, saying that I should be able to find and copy my holiday information. I dont know how to find the information and get it back onto my new pc, can anyone please help me. thank you

Diodorus Siculus 14:19 25 Jun 06

Emails - in *.dbx files

Address book: *.wab file

DieSse 14:20 25 Jun 06

Address book -

Search for wab files on the old drive. When you find it, note where it is. In OE do File - Import - Address Book - browse to where the old one is (just to the folder it's in, not to the file itself) - then import it.

Email -

same again except search for Inbox.dbx- In OE File - Import Emails, and browse to the location your searcg found - then import.

nickyjane 14:57 25 Jun 06

hi guys. cant seem to find the files, any ideas

nickyjane 15:36 25 Jun 06

Hi guys. found files but they wont export. any ideas

Diodorus Siculus 15:55 25 Jun 06

Will the wab file not open by double clicking on it?

DieSse 17:46 25 Jun 06

You don't export them - you import them.

nickyjane 22:23 25 Jun 06

Diodorus siculus

Yes the file will open, but it shows my current address book and not the old one

DieSse 22:26 25 Jun 06

Then you haven't found the correct files - they'll be the ones on your old disk drive.

nickyjane 22:30 25 Jun 06

ok will keep looking

nickyjane 22:46 25 Jun 06

have found files in old disk drive, but when I open them they still show the new address book

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…