retrieving files from usb memory stick

de_rossi 12:48 08 Feb 09

Been using this memory stick for ages, maybe once recently I pulled it out of the drive without taking care to do it properly.. anyway now i get 3.5 floppy icon in windows explorer instead of it booting up normally. And I can't see any of the files though according to properties the device is still pretty full.

Can anyone please help me with a way of retrieving the data? Not bothered if the usbdisk never works again but I'd quite like my files.
Any help much appreciated, thankyou.

rawprawn 13:00 08 Feb 09

Try Recuva click here

de_rossi 17:27 08 Feb 09

thanks raw, ran this.
it didn't recognize that I even had a memory stick on the go, so I pointed it to 3.5 floppy. It very quickly came back having found the pdf on how to use the usdiskpro and the password software but nothing else.
I can actually see that stuff in windows explorer.
theres far more on the flash drive but it doesn't seem to want to go there.
any ideas anyone pls?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:52 08 Feb 09

Smart recovery click here
zero assumption click here
Restor Pen Drives click here
CampicRestor click here

rawprawn 20:55 08 Feb 09
  de_rossi 16:18 10 Feb 09

thanks. Thing is all of these recovery tools are yielding much the same answer.
I figure theres something deeper wrong with the usb device for it not to be booting up and for it to be showing as a 3.5 floppy drive where formerly it would have been USBDISKPRO and booting up immediately.
I know the stuffs there because properties is telling me the drive is more than half full. Red light on the device lights briefly when I put it in but it never wants to boot up any more, and none of these recovery tools recognizes that I even have a flash device attached. ??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:30 10 Feb 09

Refresh USB Ports
Use Drive clean up to remove USB device drive info from the registry
click here

Bris 18:57 10 Feb 09

I have one of these similar to yours and it always shows as 2 drives one as floppy drive B that contains the password software and the other as a UDISK that contains the data. Its possible that Windows is not seeing the second drive.

Go into disc management and see if its there. You may see it with a drive letter of "*" (inactive)if so assign a letter to it and then Windows should pick it up as normal.

Hope this helps

de_rossi 22:12 11 Feb 09

excellent. thanks guys. I'm sorted now.
your help very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…