Retrieving e mail from a different computer

OAP65 14:02 20 May 06

When I am away from home I need to retrieve my e mail from an alternative computer. Am I being thick but Idon't seem to be able to do it and get the right result. There is no problem with the computer it's just me !!!

BurrWalnut 14:27 20 May 06

Forum Editor 14:30 20 May 06

1. On any computer, anywhere in the world that has internet access you should be able to access your ISP's webmail service. All you need to do is login, and you'll have access to your inbox. You can also send mail, delete messages, and do all the things you do on your computer at home. The difference is that nothing is downloaded to the machine on which you access the internet.

2. If you are in one spot for a while, and are using the same computer, you could set up your mail account on that, using Outlook Express. The problem with that method is that all your mail will be downloaded to the computer, so you'll have little security, and the mail will have gone from the server. Using the webmail system your messages will remain on the server, so you can download them all when you return home.

skidzy 14:37 20 May 06

If you cannot follow or understand the advice above,maybe using this will simplify things a bit for you.click here

Hope this helps
Good luck

OAP65 17:44 22 May 06

Once again thanks to all who responsed to my query I can now get it right

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…