Retrieving deleted files.

qbclaassen 17:40 16 Feb 03

Is there any way of retrieving deleted files that are NOT in the recycle bin on Windows NT or Windows 2000. Are there any progammes that can be downloaded to do this? Please Help

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:51 16 Feb 03

click here for around 20 squid.

click here 25 squid.

G

Diemmess 17:54 16 Feb 03

More from following various threads than from experience........

Yes there are ways, but the cost is real and tends to rise with the effectiveness of the service.

I think you can obtain software, but the cheapest is not the best, and if it is vital to a business then you may be looking at vey heavy fees for a firm to do data recovery on your HD.

You don't say how vital these files are, but the chances of recovery are improved if you don't save anything meanwhile which might irretrievably overwrite that diskspace.

-pops- 17:59 16 Feb 03

Here's another program - an advanced version is claimed to be used by the "authorities" click here

Brian

spikeychris 18:08 16 Feb 03

You could get lucky if you run a search for .dbx in search for files and folders. You will not get everything but there could be references to emails you have deleted.

I have used this on numerous machines and it has worked.

Chris

Wak 18:41 16 Feb 03

Hi, Check in Google for REST2514.EXE, a free restoration program for deleted files in systems up to and including Win XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac