Retrieve Lost Pics from Memory Card-Is is Possible

Kooji 12:57 03 Jun 09

Can anyone help. I loaded my camera memory card using a card reader onto my laptop (running Windows Vista) and a window appeared saying something like 'this card contains a corrupted file-click here to repair'. Which I did thinking I could then carry on and download the pics. However I seem to have lost all of them. To check it out, I put the card back into the camera but it just said 'Card is Empty-no Data'. My question is, have I completely lost the pics i.e are they deleted, or are they somewhere within the computer and can I retrieve them somehow?

Cheers all Kooji

BT 16:53 03 Jun 09

click here

Its free and if you haven't done too much messing around with the card should reclaim most of your pictures.

BT 16:54 03 Jun 09
  mooly 18:00 03 Jun 09

With the card back in the PC, if you click the start orb and computer, does it show as a drive, probably "F" If so right click it and select "Explore". Are your pictures there ?

Sea Urchin 18:36 03 Jun 09

You could try CampicRestor

click here

Kooji 19:34 03 Jun 09

BT, mooly, Sea Urchin-

Many thanks for your input on this. I found Digital Image Recovery was easy to use and did the job swiftly. It even restored some old video files. I've said it before, but what a great and friendly forum this is for computer newbies like me.

Cheers all-Kooji

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…