Retrieve disc from Sony Vaio VGC-JS1E

twitcher 21:21 01 Sep 09

A friend of mine has a Sony Vaio VGC-JS1E all-in one computer with a vertical side slot DVD/RW drive. Unfortunately, when inserting a DVD it didn’t click properly into the drive and fell into the inner computer frame. Does anybody know how to retrieve the disc?

Technotiger 23:10 01 Sep 09

There is normally a small pin-hole in the front of CD drives, intentionally for the use of inserting a straightened paper-clip to open the drives in an emergency. Perhaps your friend could use the same tactic after placing the Unit on its side?

I once did something similar for a friend, at the same time I also needed to give the Unit a bit of a shake, to successfully dislodge the disc.

Technotiger 23:21 01 Sep 09

Hmm, having had a look at the machine via Google, it is not quite what I expected, but my suggestion could still work - though as I understand it, not a computer frame as such, more of a Monitor frame, so extra care would need to be taken.

twitcher 10:34 02 Sep 09

Many thanks, I'll pass your advice on to my friend when I see him later this week. If it succeeds I'll let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced