RETAIL DVD COPYING

lewis187 21:33 12 Jan 04

I recently bought a dvd copier hoping to make copies of my favourite films. When i try to copy not only does a copyright message appear the retail dvds contain a whopping 7.5 gb of data and the largest blank i can buy/write are 4.7gb! Is there any way of, firstly, over riding the copyright message and also copying these MEGA-DISKs? Are there any files i don't need to copy, any compression to do, any programs to help me or any other suggestions? I think it is possible as i have seen retail copies burnt, and there is such a large debate about dvd piracy which would not exist if it was not possible to copy them! Any help would be appreciated as it is really annoying after i have shelled out hard earned cash for a near useless drive! Thanks anyway.

Forum Editor 22:26 12 Jan 04

That's why they have a copyright protection notice on them. I'm afraid we can't help you with this.

Charlie Farnsbarns 22:35 12 Jan 04

One that works fine every time for me is DVD X Copy Express from 321 Studios. This makes perfect copies of dvd's, no matter how long they are & is not put off by any copyright protection on the disc. Clone DVD always threw up the copyright protecton message so I would definately give this a miss. Naturally I only use this program for copying my own discs, an option you have to declare each time you start the program.

shezzer 22:38 12 Jan 04

lewis187 ANY DVD for copyright blocking DVD SHRINK for encoding and CLONE DVD for burning are all that you need.They are all available as freeware or trialware do a search on google.hope this helps mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…