Resurrection from the Bricked- a revision of my earlier Tablet discussion

SparkyJack 08:57 AM 04 Oct 12

Resurrection from the Bricked as they say in the tablet world- in other words its bu*ed

Attempts at recovering from a boot failure. looks like a have managed to delete the whole system on a MoMo11

Looking at it as if it were a PC architecture then what I have now is the BIOS telling me to load a system disk- or in Android parlance from Micro SD card.

So I am looking around the usual places for say Ice Cream Sandwich download and as far as I can see there is isn't one.

So whats next?

Could I for example load a Linux distro - say Ubuntu or similar? And would this have the necessary to work the touch screen?

beynac 09:13 AM 04 Oct 12

You could try this link

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:13 AM 04 Oct 12

You may need a program to flash Android to the machine

Have read at here

Woolwell 11:35 AM 04 Oct 12

Manufacturers sometimes put a customised version of Android on their tablets. You have tried a factory reset after a series of problems and have ended up with a brick. Suggest that it is now time to bite the bullet and return the tablet under warranty before they can claim that unauthorised software is the problem.

T0SH 15:07 PM 04 Oct 12

Try this link for firmware update and how to from the suppliers site(I have not personally tried it though)

http://www.gtrelectronics.co.uk/downloads-and-firmware.php

Cheers HC

SparkyJack 17:21 PM 04 Oct 12

Thank you Woolwell

I am I must admit 'torn on this'I conasider I broke it but I have contacted the supplier -An Amazon Market place member therefore possibly a 'box-shifter' and await their response.

Meanwhile on this very site in the How to pages I came across this

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/3367391/how-install-ice-cream-sandwich-on-your-kindle-fire/

Hmmm.

SparkyJack 17:35 PM 04 Oct 12

Thank you all for the valuable links I am at this stage building a file and doing a loy of reading and thinking before committing- Especially as the supplier is still in the frame- I hope

SparkyJack 17:35 PM 04 Oct 12

Thank you all for the valuable links I am at this stage building a file and doing a loy of reading and thinking before committing- Especially as the supplier is still in the frame- I hope

SparkyJack 09:24 AM 06 Oct 12

Thank you all for the links to GTR

And the Amazon Android Forum

Gary seems a good guy to have around,

He responded literally over night to my plea with the appropriates- which I have downloaded and printed off the instruction sheet.

I am all ready to go- but my computer isn't - its Linux Ubuntu and does not hack .rar files so it looks like I will h ave to put all the files on a USB drive and get across to a chum with a Windoze machine

That won't be until sometime next week.

Woolwell 10:48 AM 06 Oct 12

I don't think that Windows opens rar files without downloading a program. You should be able to do the same for Linux.

SparkyJack 12:55 PM 06 Oct 12

Woolwell

ou are right

The program is live suit

Doesnt woek on Linus unforunately unless CrossOver is installed - here they want beer tokens-

So I reckon I'll wait

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…