Resuming from standby mode

BigRik 16:12 04 Jul 05

Can anyone advise me on how to resume from standby mode by pressing a key instead of moving the mouse? I've looked at previous entries on this forum but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I'm using Wndows XP with SP2.

mad martin 15:41 06 Jul 05

you should just hit the enter key, make sure the safe mode is highlighted, use the up and down key to change the selection.

mattyc_92 15:47 06 Jul 05

I have to press the "power button" on the chasis as when my system goes into stand-by, it reacts as if it has been turned off.... Once I press the power button, it loads straight to where-ever I put it in stand-by from (without going through the BIOS or "loading Windows" boot-screen)

I guess it depends on how your system goes into stand-by, but most of the time just press [enter] as mad martin says and it SHOULD "wake-up"

Completealias 16:19 06 Jul 05

Open the device manager and find you keyboard on the list right click it and select properties then the power management tab make sure there is a tick in allow this device to bring the computer out of standby (or something like that)

When you hit a key your pc should now come out of standby

BigRik 19:25 06 Jul 05

Thanks for your help. I tried Completealias' suggestion first (I knew it was there somewhere!!) and it was just the job. Thanks to mad martin and matty_c92 for your inputs as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…