Results from Spyware Terminator!

pac73 04:53 23 Jan 07

Hi guys,can somebody have a look at the things ST has flagged and tell me if i should leave them in quarantine,thanks,PAC73.

Scan Summary:

Total Scanning Time : 2548.50 s
Objects Scanned : 51,618
Objects Identified : 96
Objects Ignored : 0

Critical Objects : 8

Quarantine Process:

Quarantine Process:

Preparing structures
Creating System Restore Point
Quarantine Flashget
Moved Registry : HKCU\Software\JetCar
Closing System Restore Point

Quarantine Process:

Preparing structures
Creating System Restore Point
Quarantine Unreadable Binary Files
File selected for moving does not exist: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkscal.exe
File selected for moving does not exist: C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmjb.exe
Moved File: C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallApplication Compatibility Update$\udfs.sys
Moved File: C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallQ309376$\rdbss.sys
Moved File: C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallQ310507$\aec.sys
Moved File: C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallQ310507$\splitter.sys
Moved File: C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallQ312370$\usbhub.sys
Moved File: C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallQ312370$\usbport.sys
Closing System Restore Point

gudgulf 10:32 23 Jan 07

To start with the C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstall files are all Windows update uninstallers click here

If your system is running ok and you are not intending removing any of the updates they are safe to remove from the system completely.

Do you have Musicmatch Jukebox and Microsoft Works installed on your pc?

The scanner has picked up on references to files for those that are no longer on your system.......Try using the Windows Search feature or Explorer to find those files yourself.

Lastly it has also found a reference to FlashGet download manager in the registry.Have you used that program too?

You might be better off posting about this on the Spyware Terminator forums click here and let them have a look.

The free Flashget program is adware supported and may install a toolbar.....that is why that is flagged.click here

Now I don't know why it has flagged those Windows update uninstallers and the missing files...other than the fact they appear in the "unreadable Binary files" section of the quarantine process.Maybe you have some file corruption on your hard drive.

When was the last time you did a system clean-up/check,ie run CHKDSK,remove all the junk from your system with something like CCleaner click here and defragment your hard drive?

I have a sneaking suspicion a bit of general maintenance might be a good idea.

pac73 01:50 24 Jan 07

Cheers guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now