Resue data on Smartmedia

After a visit to France and taking some 40 images on a 32Mb card I have 'erased' all these in my Olympus c990 camera.
The card has not been reformatted I merely wiped the contents using the camera menu (like a complete wally!). Is it possible to rescue these images and if so how, please?
I have a Flashpath smartmedia floppy adaptor - can I utilise this in some way to access the data?
- Peter PB

Diemmess 15:06 06 May 03

While waiting for someone with a definitive answer to reply I am sure you will be able to recover your shots if............... You have only deleted/erased thos precious pictures.
In DOS terms you have merely removed the initial character from the file name. The file is still there but doesn't correspond with the folder's "index"

Provided that is ALL you have done, then hopefully someone will turn up a name like Undelete which is software that will list all recent deletions by whatever name they are now, and allow you to name each file to recover it.

Formal formatting and certainly any new pictures meanwhile will ruin the chance of success.

Good luck.

Diemmess 15:23 06 May 03

Just another quick thought......Did you erase those files on the camera or when in the Floppy reader?
If via the card reader then obviously they should now be in your recycle bin and easily restored from there.

woodchip 15:40 06 May 03

Yes send your E-Mail through the little Envelope by my name and I will send the program so you can get them back

hssutton 15:51 06 May 03

I've used this with very good results. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…