Restricting site to registered users

babybell 14:51 11 Jan 06

How difficult is it to only allow registered people to access a site that i have created. Basically i would like to have people register to join the site and then log in when they visit the site. Could someone tell me what this would involve?

Forum Editor 16:02 11 Jan 06

the use of some code on the server that would check a submitted username/password combination against a database of authorised users.

If you simply want to log people in and out, and you aren't protecting very sensitive information you can do it very easily by using readily available software.

click here for details of one widely-used method.

and click here for something slightly different.

There are other, more robust methods, and if you need that level of protection post again in this thread, and one of us will explain how to do it.

babybell 16:09 11 Jan 06

I will look into that.

The website will not be holding any personal information and the members area will not need to be personalised. I will have a section that will allow people to upload their own images but don't want this to be abused by passers by, so would like a log-in section that will take them too a members area.

jeff21up 14:57 23 Jan 06

My advise would be to use php-nuke for your website design, membership system is integrated to this excellent free software.
My site click here

Download from here click here

Good luck
jeff

::. Relpyer .:: 17:35 27 Jan 06

It is free but on the restricted pages there is a small banner, but that can hidden. the site is click here. You have to install the program that will generate the code for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…