Restricting hard wired networks

victor 17:13 10 May 06

Hi, I need to setup a hard wired network for shared connection to the internet for 4 computers, but I wish to restrict the sites that all bar one computer can connect too. How do i do that??

splatter 22:37 10 May 06

If I'm understanding your question correctly then some parental control software is what you need. I've never used any myself but products such as CyberPatrol (click here) and NetNanny (click here) are what I am getting at. Also, ZoneAlarm Security has built in parental control.

The downside is that, tecnically, you are supposed to but a new license for each computer it will run on, which may cost more than you are willing to splash-out.

Jay

DEyres 02:27 12 May 06

Alternatively you could use a firewall to block the sites, I use a Netgear ADSL/Firewall/Router/Switch DG834G which can block sites based on keywords and has the option of allowing 1 IP address un-restricted access. It has 4 Switch ports on the back and Wireless built in. You will have to add a list of banned names/keywords but that shouldn’t be too hard. You should be able to pick one up from about £65 upwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…