Restricting access to folders in a workgroup

wavesailor 11:21 14 Jul 05

What are the steps required to restrict access to certain users to sensitive folders in a workgroup? I really need to be able to attach a user name and password to these folders so they may be seen but not accessed by everyone.

I have tried turning off simple file sharing but I can't find any information to help me set up network security only adding users to each workstation! am I missing something here.

recap 12:07 14 Jul 05

What is the operating system?

wavesailor 12:27 14 Jul 05

Win XP Pro
I have now created a test share folder: Added a user with identical name and password to my no1 system, browsed through the network on my system no2 and accessed the folder. Trying to access it with another workstation no3 access is denied which is almost what I need.
This method seems rather long winded I would like to be able to right click a folder and to tick a box password required which I think was an option in win98

recap 15:56 14 Jul 05

click here this may be of some help to you wavesailor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…