restrict internet access through netgear router

I have a lan connected via a Netgear DG384 router. I would like access to the internet to be restricted/password protected (basically to prevent my kids from accessing the internet whenever they want). I can't see any obvious way of doing something like this in the router settings - anyone any ideas?

FreeCell 19:37 31 Oct 06

If your router is a DG834 (not 384) then there is a function within the Firewall called Outbound Rules Service blocking that may be the thing you are looking for.

that's a big step in the right direction. thanks Freecell. ...and yes, it is an 834! I can restrict access and I'll see what I can do with the various services - I have a user I would like to use the internet without restriction and so, a password access would be more convenient...

phono 22:56 31 Oct 06

If you update your DG834 with the latest firmware you will find that there is a Parental control link under Content Filtering, this is provided by Trend PC-Cillin and I believe will have to be Licensed in order to work but appears to be free for one year.

sounds good - I'll give that a go - thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos