Restoring Win ME from HDD

yogibear 06:52 10 Feb 04

I want to restore windows fromm the HDD, don't want to have to do a format and reinstall, so I go to search, enter setup, and look for:

c:\windows\options\cabs

When I double click it, the setup screen loads, but then I get a message saying I haven't enough conventional memory to run setup.I am then referred to the setup.txt on the restore CD for further info, but I can't find anything about freeing up conventional memory.

I have a Celeron 900, with 256 mb RAM, 2 x HDD (80GB and 60 GB-80 is Master with 13 GB free space).

If all fails I'll have to wipe it and start again, but I have gone through this process dozens of times and it's usually so simple.

Any advice please?

Diodorus Siculus 07:42 10 Feb 04

What is running in the background? Try to ensure that there is nothing running that you don't need.

Also empty all temp folders, including the internet cache.

^wave^ 08:10 10 Feb 04

dont you have a restore disk that either lets yourestore from a partion on your h/d or cdrom

dth 12:04 10 Feb 04

what are you trying to achieve?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…