Restoring a time lapsed mobile #2

jack 08:15 28 Jun 05

Version one of this tale I posted to 'ConsumerWatch', then also this .
I repeat it hwe because it is now getting technical - I think
Well now moving on from version one of this tale,you will all be surprised no doubt to hear to night I had a mail fron Vodafone - saying 'Done your are back on with your £20 restored- just make a call now to get it going'

Well thats good then, my faith in human nature has gone up a point , I speak too soon.
Punching in to my address book I hit my name- to my landline number - I am sitting front of it - ringing tone- but my phone does not ring. Instead a gruff male says 'Ullo' So I ask the number - another mobile.

Try again this time my daughters another landline in the next town, this time lady- also on a mobile- but not my daughter.

So how does this work, are phone numbers actully stored in the phone or in a data base allocated to each number at the service provider?

Thinking that may be the case I compared my SIM number on the card,with the number I gave with the number they repeated back ,all check.
So have they sold my number on then
I have posted a version of this by E-mail to Customer services at Vodafone-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…