Restoring PC to as it came?

Awooga 01:30 22 Dec 03

Hi,

I have had my computer for a number of years now and I would like to make it fast as when I 1st brought it. I will happily load all my wanted programs and data onto CD, and I have broadband so i will be able to download updates pretty quick.

How would I go about this. I want it just like I have 1st loaded it up if able! aka fast, smooth etc...

Cheers David Lewis

powerless 01:35 22 Dec 03

What operating system do you use and are the CDs restore disk or Full Installation disks?

Awooga 01:39 22 Dec 03

I have win XP home edition. My pc is a packard bell. It has a program called 'Smart Restore', i would go straight to packard bell about this but they need the pcs S/N and that means moving everything...

Basicly i want the pc to run as fast and smooth as when i 1st turned it on. Is this possable?

David

fitfella29 01:43 22 Dec 03

yes it is,put your smart restore cd in and it will tell you how to restore it in there.

Awooga 01:45 22 Dec 03

oh good. Cause my brother is home from uni and has a brand new computer and its so smooth its anoying. Ok cheers, I was just wondering cause I don't want to do smart restore, delete all my programs etc.. and not having my pc run as it did when i 1st brought it.

That would of driven me mad!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now