restoring outlook express offline content?

ksjs 20:23 23 May 06

Hello,

Am about to do a complete system wipe / reinstall and have backed up all necessary files. I assume that the Outlook Express ‘dbx’ files (i.e. the ones that allow you to browse emails offline) stored in the windows/identities folder simply need to be put back here when Outlook Express is installed again to give me access to have all the emails I currently have. Can anyone please confirm / advise?

Thanks

Keith

exodus 20:47 23 May 06

The OE folder you mention contains all the .dbx files. These are your mail messages. Copy the OE folder to some form of storage media of your choice.

Once windows/OE has been installed again, you need to get the OE folder you copied to be used again by OE.

To restore these messages back into the new OE.

Open OE/ File/ Import/ messages/ select the programme to import from (your version of OE) / select Next/ tick the button marked ‘import mail from an OE store directory’/ click OK/ in the location of messages window, click browse/ now browse to the saved folder you previously created, select OK and they will be imported back into OE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…