//some 3rd party need geo

Restoring old photographs

Buchan 35 19:31 04 Jan 05

I read somewhere that there is a computerised way of restoring old, dog-eared photos.
Do any of you know of it and if so I need a name and address to send the photo to. Can you help please?

jack 19:37 04 Jan 05

If you have a Computer a Scanner a reasonable printer and one of any number of photo editing
software packages You can do it.

However if your are not up to it

Take it to your nearest branch of Jessops

Totally-braindead 19:43 04 Jan 05

A lot of picture shops will be able to do it for you, tried it myself but my scanner just isn't good enough, ended up going round my local photo shops till I got one that could do it.

absent 19:54 04 Jan 05

Unlikely I realise but if you live any where near Chelmsford, Essex. I know someone who does it the old fashioned way (without a computer)and better results. If you are interested I could give you his telephone number.

Technotiger 20:04 04 Jan 05

Hi, I do lots of these for OAP friends on my pc using Photosuite - very easy and a lot of fun.
I am in Southsea, Hampshire. If you are anywhere near me?

Cheers.

Technotiger 20:07 04 Jan 05

ps - if it is only 1 or 2 I could do them for you,
no charge.

If you want to, I invite you (only) to contact me via Yellow Envelope.

wotbus@ 20:13 04 Jan 05

Try the forum here click here Loads of good advice.

Buchan 35 21:13 04 Jan 05

Thanks a million all who replied, Matters resolved

Technotiger 21:24 04 Jan 05

Just rang your number (pressed 5 for ringback),
if you are on pc with dial-up I will have to wait till you go off-line ? Cheers.

anchor 10:18 05 Jan 05

I did this with a very old and tatty photo of my Grandfather taken during the 1st World War.

I scanned it, then worked on it for hours in Paint Shop pro, removing the blemishes and then colouring it.

Haave a look:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…