Restoring with Norton Ghost due to searchforit

Dekka123 15:02 03 Sep 04

Hi my operating System is xp pro with sp2 installesd. I have Adaware Spybot S&D and spyware blaster installed as well as AVG and zone alarm. I also have C.Cleaner All these programmes are run daily and updated but in spite of this I still have Searchforit on my system. Because of this I intend to restore a ghost image of my system onto my C.Drive. This is a process I have never done before and I would like to know if system restore should be turned off before I do it. Also could someone tell me how I can minimise the risk of Searchforit getting back on my system as I thought I had done everything I could but it still got on and I cant get it off. Hence the restore which also contains sp2. Any advice would be greatly appreciates. Thank you very much in advance

bertiecharlie 16:08 03 Sep 04

SearchForIt is a false positive. You are finding it when you do a scan with Spybot. What Spybot is picking up is the registry entry of the blocked item in SpywareBlaster. You don't need to do anything, just wait for a future update from Spybot when the matter will almost certainly be resolved.

After running a scan with Spybot don't delete SearchForIt as you will lose the protection against it given by SpywareBlaster.

Dekka123 00:08 04 Sep 04

Thanks for the reply bertiecharlie once again this forum has put my mind at res. Yhanks again

Dekka123 00:08 04 Sep 04

Thanks for the reply bertiecharlie once again this forum has put my mind at res. Yhanks again

jimv7 02:11 04 Sep 04

Be careful with ghost as it will automatically format your drive and could delete any partitions if you do not get the switches right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…