Restoring Microsoft Outlook Archives

PAE 15:40 08 Jan 05

I am trying to restore some old e-mails that I archived. After following Microsoft's weird and wonderful instructions to the letter I cannot get them to move back I can select the archive file OK but every time I try to copy it back it says that I cannot move into a folder with the same name. I have tried making new folders with differnt names but still won't work; neither can I open them from within the archive file. The programme suggests that I save them and then shuts me out. I would appreciate a blow by blow account on doing this.

Modo 15:56 08 Jan 05

2 ideas.

1. Open a new account on your computer and see if you can load them there.

2 Change the archive files name marginally e.g. outlook1.pst

Modo 15:57 08 Jan 05

Oh and you can't download 2003 .pst's into earlier formats without setting up the save on the 2003 machine as the earlier format.

PAE 22:06 08 Jan 05

Tried your options 1 & 2 but no joy. Your second note is interesting since with Outlook 2003 the save as option is TEXT. if I move them over that way at least I can read them and write them out to a spare disc; but I cannot seem to recover the ones I have already moved. Any ideas on converting that file to text as well?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…