Restoring Itunes Library from External Hard Drive

Elvenator 17:23 16 Sep 07

Hello,

I hope someone can help.
I recently cleaned and re-installend my PC to improve it's performance and backed all my data up onto an external hard drive.

I want to restore my Itunes library from my external hard drive but can not find anywhere that gives instructions on how to do this on the internet.
Apple does not advise how to restore from an external hard drive back up, only from CD/DVD back up.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Lindsey

steve stifler 19:20 16 Sep 07
  iscanut 19:34 16 Sep 07

In the My Music folder, I have one called iTunes. All the Apple iTunes related files are here. I merely copy everything back into this folder from my Hard Disk backup copy.

john bunyan 19:34 16 Sep 07

Elvenator. Assuming you have iTunes on the hard drive, I would have thought you can simply copy the external drive library content and paste it into the h.d library.

Elvenator 22:38 21 Sep 07

Hi Guys,

Thanks for responding to my Q.

OK I have just copied over my Itunes music file from my external hard drive to my itunes music file on my nnewly cleaned PC hard drive.

However, when I start up my Itunes none of the music appears in my Itunes music library.

Any ideas on how to get it to upload to my Itunes software??

Thanks

E

iscanut 13:10 24 Sep 07

Cant understand why you have this problem asI do the same without any trouble. Maybe you need to authorise the computer. In I Tunes, goto Store and then click on Authorise Computer and see if this helps.

Elvenator 22:02 25 Sep 07

HI Nuts,

Thanks for your response. OK where can I find "Store"? Looked under File, Controls, advanced, Visualizer!!

Sorry if I'm being thick but I take it this is not Itunes Store!!

E

iscanut 09:39 26 Sep 07

When you are running I Tunes, there is a list of functions at the top of the screen...

File Edit Controls View Store Advanced Help

Click on Store

Elvenator 21:18 26 Sep 07

Nuts,

I don't have Store as one of my function headings. Any suggestions?

iscanut 22:37 26 Sep 07

I am at a loss to explain. The I-Tunes help re authorise tells you to go to Store, then authorise, just as I have said. Does anyone know why this item should be missing on Elevenator's version ? Latest version of I-Tunes installed ?

john bunyan 09:11 27 Sep 07

Elvenator. Go to your Hard drive i Tunes Library. click on the music bit then shift cursor into (presumably blank) tune list. Then click on import. Then select the file(s) you want and import them. O.k ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017