restoring files trouble!

onni 17:29 04 Aug 08

well i backed up my whole c drive onto my ipod using nero 8 back it up after my fresh install of windows xp i tryed to retreive all my files but no matter what i tryed it would not work.

first i tryed making a bootable cd and plug in my ipod (which has been set to be used as a disk drive) but when i booted the cd the screen would just go white with the nero logo

the next thing i tryed to do was transfer the backup files onto the harddrive then boot the cd and try restore it from there, however when you restore the first one (there are about 26) everything on the hard drive gets deleted so that dosent really work :(

please tell me how to fix this problem as i will get in trouble for loosing pictures etc :O

and for anyone who says.......i know i should of used a diffrent sofware but whats done is done and theres no going back!

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

howard64 10:00 05 Aug 08

I assume you have reinstalled nero and the ipod software? Are they the same versions as used before? Way back in time MS backup changed with each version and would not restore anything from a previous version. With the ipod you should be able to copy everything to your library on the hard disk.

onni 11:34 06 Aug 08

i did copy everything from my ipod to my hard disk. however when it starts restoring the first file it deletes everyhting off the hardisk so it cannot restore the rest

Ditch999 11:59 06 Aug 08

In Nero BIU go File>Options>Restore, make sure the recommended option is selected
Do you have XP and Nero reinstalled before you try to restore your backup?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac