Restoring Factory Settings on old laptop

RubyTuesday 18:44 26 Jan 09

Hello people.........I have an old Packard Bell igo 4000 and have want to restore it to factory settings so I can just use it for my photography. I have tried by putting in the Recovery CD Disc and also the Master Disc 1, but nothing happensa! Anybody have ideas to help me please.....ty.x

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:58 26 Jan 09

You need to boot with the disk in the drive.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:59 26 Jan 09

PS
make sure CD drive is set as first boot device in the BIOS.

RubyTuesday 19:01 26 Jan 09

Thanks Fruit Bat, but I have no idea what you are talking about or how to do it!!!! I am a complete amateur at this....sorry for the problem.

skidzy 19:06 26 Jan 09

Ruby,you may need to enter the bios and change the boot order from HDD as first boot device to CD as the first boot device and f10 to save and exit.
Place the restore disc in the cd drive and restart the computer.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:09 26 Jan 09
  woodchip 19:13 26 Jan 09

Just put the CD in then restart Computer I would think its already set to boot from CD

RubyTuesday 19:18 26 Jan 09

I am sorry to both Fruit Bat and skidzy and Woodchip because I dont understand at all!!!! I did try the Cd in then restarted computer, but nowt happened, as for the rest of information you gave me, well its double-dutch to me. Sorry for wasting your time, I wont bother to do it now....I give up!....thanks bye..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced