Restoring a deleted Address Book in Outlook Expre

MIKE. 17:15 08 Feb 06

A friend of mine has deleted his Address book main folder in Outlook Express by mistake is there anyway to restore this folder and the data it contained. I have tried system restore but to no avail. I created a seperate folder in Outlook Express on my own machine and deleted this new folder a warning comes up saying the delete action cannot be undone. Any advice please!!!!!

Skyver 17:22 08 Feb 06

Look for a backup named *.wab~. Unfortunately they're
generated in the same folder as the actual address book (.wab) file so if the folder is gone, the backup is too. Plug in a USB thumb drive, install this click here and allow it to install onto the thumbdrive (not the main hard-drive) - then do a recovery. Uninstall before unplugging the thumb drive.

MIKE. 17:44 08 Feb 06

Thanks skyver for your help, I will look tomorrow to see if he still has the *.wab or *.wab~ files available.

Skyver 17:46 08 Feb 06

When I type *. I mean the wildcard for the search ; just to be clear. The actual address book will be the user name eg. Skyver.wab

MIKE. 22:03 11 Feb 06

Hi Skyver just to let you know with your help I managed to restore the address book. Again Skyver many thanks for your help where would we be without the help of the readers of PC Adviser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced