restoring compacted files in outlook express

Fred345 11:37 25 May 06

How do you restore or access compacted Inbox files in Outlook Express? Where are the compacted files saved? There seem to be a lot of questions about this on the net but no useful answers - at least I can't find them.

VoG II 12:16 25 May 06

They will still be in your inbox but compacted, and with deleted messages actually deleted instead of being just flagged as deleted so that they don't display.

VoG II 12:24 25 May 06

To save a lot of typing click here

Fred345 12:37 25 May 06

Maybe it is not a 'compacting' problem then - yesterday I lost nearly all my May inbox messages and most of the April ones, but still have earlier messages. Many of the ones with attachments will not now open, showing 'Message could not be displayed'. I thought it was immediately after OE had compacted my Inbox. I am confident my system is virus clean - any suggestions.
PS I think Norton antispam reconfigured itself at about the same time!

Fred345 13:14 25 May 06

Thanks for the help on this, but have just discovered all the missing files are in the deleted folder - no idea how they got there! I didn't delete them!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…