restoring c drive icon

i recently installed a demo for 'need for speed'and the launch icon has replaced my c-drve icon.i tried to uninstall the demo and delete all the left over files and icons but this then left my c-drive icon as an 'un-named file' type icon.my d-drive still has the correct icon so i assume i havent deleted it.how do i restore this icon?i tried installing icon packer to change it then restore the defaults but this didnt work.system restore never works on my pc so i cant restore to before the demo was installed.i'm using xp service pack 2 any ideas?

Technotiger 13:56 13 Jan 08

system restore never works on my pc .....

are you sure you are using the correct restore dates , only those dates in Bold print are restore dates.

Anyway run CCleaner click here this should clear up any glitches in the Registry and get rid if any left-overs from the uninstall.

i had actually used cleanse un-installer which is a similar program. system restore doesnt work to well on hp computers i think because it partitions the hardrive for booting. any way i need to find how icons are allocated to put it back correctly manually as when the need for speed icon is removed it leaves the incorect icon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…