Restoring Back Ups

Cesar 10:58 08 Jun 04

There are no problems with my computer, but I would like to test my back-up, I am using XP Home and Drive Image 7.0 and have a Maxtor External Drive for back-ups, if I back up my computer today and then restoe it would I have any problems? thank you all for any advice.

€dstowe 11:36 08 Jun 04

Look on the instructions for Drive Image 7. It highly recommends that you do a test by booting up your computer via the DI CD to check that the setup works OK. If it doesn't (?!?!?!) you're in schtuck - which is the reason for doing the test run, of course.

There are ways of getting going by other methods which the DI 7 manual explains.

Assuming a catastrophic software failure and Windows doesn't boot up but DI will, it is a matter of less than an hour to get everything as it was at the time of your last backup. In the case of a hardware failure it will take longer as you have to identify the failed component first.

€d

€dstowe 11:37 08 Jun 04

I should have mentioned that an external drive is not ideal for backups. A second internal hard drive on the primary IDE cable is far better.

Cesar 10:22 09 Jun 04

Thank you for your prompt response, my computer is a laptop with an 80GB hard disc, should I partition that and copy DI to the partition, The reason for the external hard drive is because it's a laptop. many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…