Restoring Acronis Backup

BigAl127 08:32 14 Jan 07

I have done a full backup of my laptop to an external hard drive using Acronis True Image 9.

If Windows XP Pro was to now go wrong, How do I restore the laptop to it's current state?

Thanks in advance.

€dstowe 09:04 14 Jan 07

When you first install Acronis you are prompted to prepare an Acronis Boot Disk CD. This contains all the drivers etc necessary for Acronis to work properly. If you haven't made it, do it now and keep in a safe place.

When you need to recover the Acronis image, ensure your computer will boot from CD, insert the boot disk, have your backup device connected and follow the instructions that come up on screen.

€dstowe 09:06 14 Jan 07

Should have added:

Read the manual carefully before you do any of this. The actions of Acronis "doing its stuff" can be a bit scary the first time you see it.

Enoch 09:16 14 Jan 07

Did you download Acronis True Image or purchase the disc as with downloading you have to create a Boot Disc CD. However, if you bought the programme in a box and self installed it, the CD that you installed from is the boot disk as well

gudgulf 10:51 14 Jan 07

Also,when you make a bootable rescue disc,make sure you choose the "full" option which includes USB drivers.

If you don't Acronis wont see your external drive.

Rather confusingly Acronis goves you two options....Safe and Full.The Safe option will only let you recover from an internal partition or hard drive.

When you have made your boot disc make sure you can boot from it and that you can see your external drive .Otherwise when you need it in anger you might be stuck

BigAl127 17:46 14 Jan 07

Worked a treat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac