restore system restore

alpalok 06:45 26 Aug 08

i went to system restore for some restoring. i found that my system retore is disabled by what it says " Configuartion is disabled by group policy" I remember that i never disabled it. how do i get it to function ? and i am the administrator in this desktop.
Thanks
Dr Alok Modi MD

Taff™ 07:00 26 Aug 08

click here This may help but I`m a little suspicious that you don`t seem to remember using it before. It may be a virus of some description.

brundle 07:18 26 Aug 08

See #278 here click here. If you have XP Home you won't have access to the Group Policy Editor.

Download the .reg file and double click to merge it into the registry. Reboot for changes to take effect.

alpalok 14:48 26 Aug 08

sorry my mistake, my configuration is core2quad, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD 7200 rpm and vista ultimate and not win xp. I should have mentioned it earlier, I apologize. The reg edit you have given me, Brundle is for xp. Can you help me know ? and Taff, of course I remmeber, i have just bought a new pc and installed ultimate. I have not tinkered with system restore.
Dr Alok Modi MD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…