Restore Problem

Hangus 11:24 03 Jan 05

I have been trying to do a system restore to solve a software problem, but every point I pick which I know is safe fails. It does not tell me why it has failed, only that it has failed. Any suggestions?

BRISK 11:29 03 Jan 05

Hi
i have a similar problem but no one will respond

tornado3 11:36 03 Jan 05

have you tried widows web site? might help.

anon1 11:42 03 Jan 05

Brisk it is abit harsh to say "no one will respond" if you are having a problem with system restore tehn keep going back in time to try and clear it if that fails then it may be that the system info file may be damaged( a possible virus damage) in which case you could try running sfc /scannow and see if that helps. Usually here is some error message when you first try to run restore if not then it is almost impossible for anyone to help. You must also remember that not everyone is online all the time so be patient and see what happens.

sattman 11:59 03 Jan 05

Unfortunately Windows System Restore backs up the bad with the good, this can be malware or a problem with software or the system. You will have to disable the restore. Do a system scan, eliminate any other possible problems. possibly by doing a selective start up. And when satisfied reinstate the restore points.

create a point and check that it works

If you are going to rely on the restore system it is a good idea to create a restore point before you do any changes and check that it will restore your system before you make the change

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…