Restore points in XP Home

Rogerfredo 10:27 08 Aug 04

I recently needed to use system restore on my XP Home system, only to find that there were no restore points available.
I could not go back to another month either, so it appears that no restore points have been created.
I have checked that restore is not switched off.
Any ideas as to what the problem is?
PS I have manually created a restore point now, although it was instantaneous with no disc activity which I expected from using ME in the past.

Sethhaniel 10:30 08 Aug 04

I switched off to clear virus AVG found but when switched back on -no restore points -
Don't know if program like ccleaner.exe or similar have removed them ???

VoG II 10:32 08 Aug 04

Try these ideas click here

christmascracker 10:34 08 Aug 04

When you turn system restore off you automatically loose all restore points previously made.

When you turn it back on it will create one

Sethhaniel 10:39 08 Aug 04

a virus found in it -
can the viirus be removed but settings be kept??

johnnyrocker 10:43 08 Aug 04

in a word no.

VoG II 10:44 08 Aug 04

In a word "yes" - but is it worth it click here

Sethhaniel 10:52 08 Aug 04

C:\System Volume Information\_restore

access is denied - even after following instructions and unticking hide system files etc, etc,

I am the Admin though XP seems to think differently

livewire 11:05 08 Aug 04

I belive this is a Protected Windows System area. Thats why AVG nor yourself can access it.

Rogerfredo 19:11 09 Aug 04

Thanks all. I must have wiped out previous restore points. All seems to be ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…