Restore points have vanished!

hatrickj 22:15 03 Jul 05

I am on XP Home SP2. I've no idea how it has happened but all my retore points prior to today have disappeared. Even if I set my cptr back to May or June via the calendar there are none shown. So what has caused this and is there any way I can reactivate them?

woodchip 22:24 03 Jul 05

Turn off restore, reboot then turn it back on and create new restore point if the old is gone you cannot get them back

hatrickj 22:35 03 Jul 05

Hard luck on me then!

Woodchip, can you or anyone think why the restore points may have vanished and if there is anything I can do or must not do to avoid the problem recurring?

Thank you for your anticipated responses

woodchip 11:27 04 Jul 05

Not a lot, only thing I can think is it checked and found corruption in the backup it created.

How many partitions you got? as you can turn off all and just leave C:\ to create restore points as this is the main partition that is likely to get corrupted, set it to 8% of drive

hatrickj 11:38 04 Jul 05

Thanks. quote//How many partitions you got?//

I have not added any so presume the only one is for the NTFS file system. Can you clarify why 8% of drive and how setting is done? What is purpose of setting? Sorry to be a dumbo!

ventanas 11:53 04 Jul 05

Right-click My Computer and choose Properties, then the System restore tab. Click the Settings button and choose the size of SR.

woodchip 11:54 04 Jul 05

Go to Start/Programs/Accessories/Tools/Restore you will see a settings button

ventanas 11:55 04 Jul 05

Right-click My Computer and choose Properties, then the System restore tab. Click the Settings button and choose the size of SR. I would also try to create a new point and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…