Restore Points

Robotic_Rob 04:11 04 Jul 04

Hey,

Does anyone know how i can delete restore points. As i appear to keep getting Trojan Horses in them. Why would i get the exact same Trojan Horses on the restore points so i can stop them keep appearing ?

Cheers

Rob

Daz35 04:24 04 Jul 04

Click start,right click my computer, properties and then system restore.

Then turn off system restore on all drives and that will clear all restore points.

You then need to run A/V software and spybot/adaware etc.

Run an on-line scan and this will hopefully tell you what you need to get rid of.

Try click here

Once you have run this, turn system restore back on.

Robotic_Rob 04:31 04 Jul 04

Thats the thing my friend. Only AVG is spotting this and it says it clears it. And a week later i go to scan my pc and the exact same virus's are in the restore points?

These Trojans aint spotted anywhere else on the system. Altho i do have DSO Exploits and Save Now bugging my pc.

dave h 15:59 04 Jul 04

As Daz35 says , the trojans are in the 'restore' folder, and whilst the restore feature is switched on, virus checkers DO NOT scan the 'restore' folder.

When you switch the 'Restore' feature off, then the virus checker can clear out the 'Restore' folder of any viruses/Trojans hiding there.

You lose all restore points when you switch the 'Restore' feature off, so make a new one immediately after the virus check, as soon as you switch 'Restore' on again.

Robotic_Rob 16:45 04 Jul 04

So how can AVG say ive got Trojans in the restore points if it cant scan them? That doesnt add up!

So in theory when i swhich off the restore points the Trojans get deleted, so they is no need to scan my whole computer again if its only the restore points with Trojans.

crx1600 17:37 04 Jul 04

the SR files are protected, so although they can be scanned, the cannot be removed/repaired by your AV.

disabling/reboot/enabling SR should be enough to remove the files, but run your security programs again after, just for your own confirmation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…