restore point winxp problem

happ 23:59 10 Nov 03

I have created 3 restore points but I`ve tried to use each of them and each time all I get is a message saying that I am unable to restore to this point,this is a great facility but not a lot of good if it does`nt work particularly when
you think it`s a saviour and turns out to be a dud.
Can anyone throw some light on this problem and
tell me what to do to cure it?
thanks a lot eric

billyliv 00:16 11 Nov 03

Hi, I let win XP set its own restore points and have never had any problems on the very few occasions that I have had to use them. As to why you cant restore from a manual restore that will be for someone more able than I to explain. Cheers, Bill

igk 11:13 11 Nov 03

Hi Eric,
Make sure you have enough disk space for system restore,to check this: right mouse click "my computer" do a properties,select "System restore"tab you will see that you can adjust the space that is used with a slider (I would suggest the maximum as it works on a percentage of your drive space)it will NOT fill up your hard drive as I have seen written here and in another forum that's balony.Hope this helps.

hugh-265156 11:23 11 Nov 03

make sure windows is up to date also

Jester2K II 12:37 11 Nov 03

Run Windows Update to make sure you have the patch - something to do with not being able to restore to Points after September 21 2003 (or there abouts)

GroupFC 13:14 11 Nov 03

^

Quiller. 13:29 11 Nov 03

It has been known that if you turn off system restore for that drive ( tick box in system properties-system restore), reboot and then turn system restore on again.

Then create a restore point, this has worked on a few occasions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…