restore point was reached but with an error

arpit_rathore7 18:13 05 Feb 11

i was unable to craete a restore point(or should i say the restore point which were created were all shown up with this following error earlier,Error message was: "System Restore" did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.
"Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0xc0000022).
Anyways,today as i was updating my display driver,while uninstalling the old display driver and installing the latest one,my system didn't accept the driver and thus my system went out of order(more preciously,as i uninstalled the whole catalyst control centre,every icon was appearing bigger and my display adapter was also deleted). now, coming back to the problem, when i tried to go back to a restre point ,i actaually managed to get all my previous settings back but after the completion of system restore that same message was again there which saidError message was: "System Restore" did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.
"Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0xc0000022).
Now,i am a bit confused to what actually happened as all my settings were back and the system was there in its previous setings but then why i got that error message? is there something wrong with my system or what?

Sea Urchin 18:31 05 Feb 11

Why are you starting another thread with the same question?

click here

Please have a look at the replies you have received already

arpit_rathore7 12:58 06 Feb 11

sorry mate, but if you ammm.... actually noticed,its a new question alltogether. read again and you'll get to know the difference.

northumbria61 15:24 06 Feb 11

Are you running Norton Anti Virus or Norton Internet Security?

northumbria61 15:26 06 Feb 11

Some security programs prevent changes to their files and have to be configured to allow System Restore to work.

arpit_rathore7 17:13 06 Feb 11

ya my security software is indeed norton antivirus. so what should i do now?

northumbria61 20:50 06 Feb 11

You must turn off Norton Product Tamper Protection before running System Restore.
See here click here

northumbria61 20:53 06 Feb 11

** Note the different versions and choose the correct one **

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…