restore point error ,what to do?

arpit_rathore7 21:55 03 Feb 11

i am trying to create a restore point in my system but everytime i am getting this message: Error message was: "System Restore" did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.
"Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0xc0000022)."
i've even run System File Checker [SFC] and scan it but it shows that there is no integrity error. but after that while creating a restore point same error message was there. so,how should i create a restore point,please someone help me out.

northumbria61 22:06 03 Feb 11

It should have the file error to go together with. This usually caused when the system is looking for some file to execute any task and it is not able to find that file. May be is it lost or renamed or moved to some other location. Why are you restoring it in the first place? You should try the installation disk and repair it on the setup. This will be safest way to avoid that error.

Which OS are you using?

northumbria61 22:11 03 Feb 11

The error could also occur if you have insufficient space to create the restore point. You can either increase your space or delete some of the older restore points.

Sea Urchin 22:24 03 Feb 11

I think you are confusing two different things. You say you are trying to CREATE a restore point - but the error you are quoting would be as a result of trying to RESTORE the system to a previous state.

Which is it you are trying to do, and which operating system are you using?

onionskin 23:15 03 Feb 11

Could be your security software preventing the restore.

woodchip 23:40 03 Feb 11

I agree with Sea Urchin above. If you are getting errors Turn Restore off then turn it back on. This will clear all old restore points. Then create a new one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…